Without a doubt this is one of the challenging trek in Vilcabamba area in Cusco. Choquequirao has more than history, this was the last Inca refuge where the Incas preserved all knowledge in Andean cosmo vision and astronomy. Choquequirao trek to Machu Picchu is the journey where you will discover the great citadel of the Spanish rebellion leader Tupac Amaru I.
While Machu Picchu is well known, less is known about the Choquequirao complex, which is part of the complex system of Andean towns in Vilcabamba Valley, is situated in the spurs of the mountain range of Salcantay, at 3035 m.a.s.l., surrounded by the snow capped Apus of Yanama, Ampay, Choquetacarpo, Pumasillo and Panta on the right side of Apurimac river. Choquequirao is an Inca town formed by small sites, forming a complex metropolis placed on the crest of the mountain.
– Transportation from Cusco to Cachora
– Bi-lingual guide English / Spanish speaking guide
– Meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, and 6 dinners
– Horse to carry all the equipment
– Sleeping tent, dining tent, kitchen, tables and chairs. etc.
– Light mattress
– Train ticket (Expedition Class) Poroy station (Cusco) or Ollanta station (Sacred Valley) subject to availability.
– Entrance to Machu Picchu citadel
– Round trip bus Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu / Aguas Calientes.
– Guided tour on eighth day
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
– Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
– Sleeping bag
– Riding horse
– Dinner on seventh day
– Lunch on eighth day