Salcantay the sacred mountain, belongs to the Vilcabamba Cordillera (Mountain chain) in Cusco, and is the highest mountain in Machu Picchu area.
The name is derived from the Qechua “Sallqa”, which means invincible. This is due to the frequent avalanches that rip down the mountain and storms that rise to engulf the peak from the High Amazon Jungle in the north.
This is a unique walk that gives you the opportunity to discover another Inca trail and arrive to Machu Picchu from Huayna Picchu opposite site.
– Transportation to Soraypampa by Bus
– Transportation from La Playa to Santa Teresa
– Transportation Train station to Cusco.
– Train ticket (Expedition Class) Poroy station (Cusco) or Ollanta station (Sacred Valley) subject to availability.
– Local train tickets Hidro eléctrica / Aguas Calientes
– Meals along the way: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 2 dinners
– Sleeping tent, dining tent, kitchen, tables and chairs. etc.
– Bilingual guide English / Spanish speaking guide
– Light mattress
– Roundtrip bus Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu / Aguas Calientes
– Guided tour on fourth day
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
– Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
– Sleeping bag
– Dinner on the third night
– Lunch on fourth day